Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Wildrose-Alliance MLA for Calgary-Glenmore

Good news for Alberta 

Paul Hinman's victory to become the Wildrose-Alliance MLA for Calgary-Glenmore is great news for Albertans from my viewpoint.

I voted Conservative...  but I got a liberal Premier not a conservative.
I talked with my MLA Dave Rodney (Calgary-Lougheed) during the last election, and he assured me that Premier Stelmach would address the egregious issue of Alberta HRC (Human Rights Commissions). 

But, they have done nothing to address a clear contravention of Albertan's human rights under the Charter. 
I gave Stelmach the benefit of the doubt - I will not in the next election.

Stephen Boissoin's case is coming before the courts this month (date not set yet). What ever you think about Boissoin's point of view, the fact remains that he was persecuted by an agency of the Alberta Government in a mock trial (which was supported by the Stelmach government).

Another huge concern was Stelmach messing with the Royalties. Alberta created a climate of confidence for investment in Alberta's heavy oil.

That confidence was achieved by the Ralph Klein administration, but has been all squandered. 

The principle Klein used is stability will build investor confidence; Stelmach's initiative to change the rules hurt that stability and so hurt investor confidence.

True there was a recession, but this only underscores and magnifies the problem which is of Stelmach's making. 

Loss of investor confidence is bad - doubly so during a recession and low oil prices.

Calgary-Glenmore vote gives upstart Alliance legitimacy

Byelection upset condemns policies of Alberta Tories, Liberals

 

1 comment:

  1. Please note:
    I have nothing against the work of Dave Rodney,if he was to join the Wildrose-Alliance he would get my vote.

    ReplyDelete